Monday, July 28, 2008

EYAA Awards


Ok..... I think it was very obvious that I was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY

(x 999,999,999) nervous.

For all those who came... do not ever remind me of it ever again... please



There I was, on the stage. And what made it even worst was that I was the first bloody human to give my speech. When Aunty Amy called me up to speak... my heart stopped. At first, my heartbeat was actually very fast. I didn't expect to be the first one to speak. So, anyways, when she called me up... I walked up to the mike. And what else... it was the wrong one. I went to the next one. And said, "Helloo...”. I didn't hear anything... Full of embarrassment, I switched it on. With my hands shaking, I opened up my paper speech. I started. Trying to look up as much as I could, but I kept making mistakes. I skipped a few lines to get it over with as fast as I could. Made a few more mistakes. Hating myself for it. Quickly finished and ran into hiding
.

The audience laughed at some parts of my speech.


I was really fidgety when I sat down.... Screaming in my head. For those who heard the speech, here's what I was supposed to say:-



Heloo!

Why are we here today? Why? Do you know why? We are here today to celebrate the accomplishments of our goals.

I have learnt how to teach children how to paint T-shirts, I have played badminton, I have stayed up all night to help fight cancer, gone house to house collecting donations for the NCSM, I have took care of four of the cutest puppies and I have climbed up a hill for six hours straight with my friends. I think that these are the things you should do when you’re an adolescent. If you don’t do these things, it’s like living without having your daily meal or fruits without its vitamins!

All those things I’ve done are wonderful, but that’s not what I want to talk about today. I want to talk about the planning I needed.

Would you go somewhere without planning? I don’t think so. What you should do is sit down in an empty room and write down what you need to do. Do some brainstorming. Maybe you could plan for a holiday, an event, your day, chores or weekly errands.

Planning helped me in many ways. When I was teaching children how to paint t-shirts, I had to sit down and plan everything that I needed, so when the day came, I had everything I needed and it all went smoothly. Before climbing up the hill, everyone had different things to do, like booking the train tickets, booking the bungalow that we would stay in and the how much food we needed. Everything was done and we were ready to climb. When I was taking care of the puppies I was having doubts if I was going to make it through 20 days of them, I had to plan my day in such a way where I had a particular time to feed them, give them their medication, play with them and leave them to sleep. It’s like being a mother to four children!

When I was teaching the children how to paint, I also helped me build up my patience. While they were painting the t-shirts, I became very agitated and wanted to help them on what colour to use and how to paint it the right way. As you know, younger children aren’t as good as adults. So I couldn’t stand to watch them paint untidily. Luckily my mother was there to stop me in case I lost control.

So, again, the reason we are here today is to celebrate our achievements and the things we’ve learnt. Thank you

No comments: